PRINT PAGEJared LopezPartner
Jared Lopez is a well-rounded lawyer seasoned in both civil and criminal litigation. He began his career as an attorney for United States Customs in Washington, DC, and later served 5 years as a federal prosecutor in the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Puerto Rico, where he was responsible for prosecuting cases involving federal crimes such as money laundering, business crimes, narcotics offenses and asset forfeiture. Mr. Lopez successfully tried numerous cases in federal court and argued several times before federal appellate courts. Since joining the firm, he has been instrumental in the success of the firm’s growing civil practice. Since 2009 Mr. Lopez has been listed in Florida Super Lawyers as a “Rising Star” in the areas of civil litigation and criminal defense. In 2011 Mr. Lopez was named one of Miami’s “Top 40 Under 40” outstanding lawyers by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.
Mr. Lopez’s practice focuses on resolving commercial disputes for both domestic and international clients. He frequently represents clients in state and federal trial courts, arbitrations and other forms of dispute resolution. He has handled significant representations since joining the firm. He was named Partner in 2007.
- Carnival Cruise Lines, Ltd. v. Rolls-Royce plc, et al. - presently defending Rolls-Royce in a civil fraud and contract case.
- Trump Entertainment LLC v. Power Plant Entertainment – worked as part of litigation team defending the developer of the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Hollywood, FL, from allegations of civil fraud.
- Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd. v. Rolls-Royce plc, et al – defended Rolls-Royce in an alleged $900 million civil fraud and contract case.
- Kitzgard gmbh v. Checkgateway – represented German publicly traded bank in multi-million dollar arbitration dispute of depository funds.
- Banks Hardwoods Florida, LLC v. Maderas Iglesias, SA – represented Spanish company in commercial dispute over hardwood timber.
- Worked as part of trial team defending pharmaceutical distributor against criminal charges of health care fraud and money laundering.
- Additionally, Mr. Lopez has successfully represented numerous claimants in civil and criminal forfeiture cases.
Awards and Recognition
- "Florida Legal Elite," Florida Trend, 2011-2012
- "Rising Stars," Florida Super Lawyers, 2009-2011
- "Top Lawyers," South Florida Legal Guide, 2013
- "Top 40 Under 40” Outstanding Lawyers, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, 2011
- Florida, 1997
- U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit, 2001
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit, 2005