PRINT PAGEInga IvsanAssociate
Inga Ivsan first joined the firm as a law clerk after her performance in Roy Black's Criminal Evidence Workshop at the University of Miami School of Law demonstrated her unique abilities. After being admitted to the Florida Bar, Ms. Ivsan is now an associate at the Firm.
Ms. Ivsan began her career in the international banking industry, working with institutions and regulators in Switzerland. Prior to and during law school and her Masters of Laws program, Ms. Ivsan continued to work in the banking field where she assisted clients with estate planning and tax related issues. Ms. Ivsan's commercial and banking background along with her familiarity with foreign jurisdictions is very useful for her current work with the Firm.
Awards and Recognition
- Recipient, Philip E. Heckerling Scholarship award (for highest GPA of a Juris Doctor candidate to matriculate into Graduate Estate Planning Program), 2016
- Dean's Certificates of Achievement:
- Legal Communications & Research I
- Legal Communications & Research II
- Jerome M. Hesch's Disposition of the Family Business
- Roy Black’s Criminal Evidence Workshop
Published Articles and Books
“Emerging Challenges in Asset Protection Planning,” 2 U. Miami Bus. L. Rev. (2016)
“The Judge is Supposed to be an Independent Arbiter; Allowing Boundless Judicial Discretion Violates the Sixth Amendment Under Hurst v. Florida,” U. Miami L. Rev. Insights (2016)
“Florida Supreme Court Erroneously Concedes Constitutional Authority to Regulate the Bar in Godinez-Samperio,” U. Miami L. Rev. Insights (2016)
“Keeping the People’s Voice in the Legal System,” April, 2016
- "On the right PATH," Becky Butcher reports, Micro Captives, Captive Insurance Times, May, 2016
Captive Insurance for Medical Professionals and Hospitals (Ivsan Law Press 2016)
The Swift Trust: Asset Protection Planning with the Swiss-Wyoming International Family Trust (Ivsan Law Press 2016)
- Florida, 2016
American International School of Vilnius, 2011-2012. Elected to and served on the Board of Directors of an English-language international school sponsored by the Embassy of the United States of America to Lithuania.
Lighthouse Charity Drive, 2010-2011. Organized and directed a charity drive in Switzerland to support orphanages in Lithuania.
- American Bar Association
- Russian American Bar Association of Florida