PRINT PAGEFrank Sardinha, IIIAssociate
Frank Sardinha joined the firm’s civil practice in early 2015. He primarily practices in business and complex commercial litigation, successfully representing individual and corporate clients in high-stake disputes. He has been recognized as an “Up and Comer” by Florida Trend magazine for the past two years.
- Represented former WBC Middleweight Champion in World Boxing Council administrative appeal process.
- Provided support for the majority shareholder of an electronic financial services firm in a corporate dissociation action against the minority members.
- Defended prominent Palm Beach County restaurant of tortious interference claims, resulting in favorable settlement on behalf of its owners.
- Provided support for investors in litigation concerning the Miami World Center development project which resulted in a favorable settlement with their former partners.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Sardinha practiced at a well-respected Florida firm where he defended claims of products liability, medical negligence, pharmaceutical & medical devices liability, auto negligence and premises liability in both state and federal courts. During law school, Mr. Sardinha worked as a Certified Legal Intern at the Miami-Dade Public Defender’s Office. Prior to law school, Mr. Sardinha worked in the financial services industry.
Awards and Recognition
- Trustee, Dade County Defense Bar Association
- "Florida Legal Elite Up and Comer," Florida Trend, 2016-2017
- The Legion of Honor Award, The Chapel of Four Chaplains Foundations, 2018
- Minette Massey Alumni Award, University of Miami School of Law, 2015
- Order of Barristers, University of Miami School of Law, 2014
- Faculty Scholarship Recipient, Litigation Skills Program, University of Miami School of Law, 2013
- Semi-Finalist, Robert Orseck Memorial Moot Court Competition – The Florida Bar, 2013
- Semi-Finalist, Gabrielli National Family Law Moot Court Competition – Albany Law School, 2013
- Champion, John T. Gaubatz Moot Court Competition – University of Miami School of Law, 2012
Mr. Sardinha serves as the Director of Florida American Legion Boys State. As the leader of Florida’s Premiere Youth Leadership Program, Mr. Sardinha, along with a volunteer staff of 70, oversee 530+ rising high school seniors during a week-long summer educational program focused on Florida’s history, legal system and legislature. At the time of his appointment, Mr. Sardinha became the youngest-serving Director of the program’s 73 year history. The Tallahassee Democrat published an article about the 2016 session.
Consistent with his dedication to the moot court program during law school, Mr. Sardinha also serves on the Alumni Advisory Board of the Charles C. Papy, Jr. Moot Court Board at the University of Miami School of Law. He assists in the strategic planning and direction of the moot court program, while serving as a Coach for several of the program’s competitive teams. His success as a student has transitioned to success as a Coach:
- 2014 John J. Gibbons Moot Court Competition – Seton Hall Law School, Champion
- 2014 Robert Orseck Memorial Moot Court Competition – The Florida Bar, Champion
- 2015 Andrews Kurth Moot Court National Championship – University of Houston Law Center
- 2015 Herbert Weschler National Criminal Moot Court Competition – SUNY Buffalo Law School, Champion
- 2016 John J. Gibbons Moot Court Competition – Seton Hall Law School, Octo-Finalist
- 2017 John J. Gibbons Moot Court Competition – Seton Hall Law School, Quarterfinalist
- Florida, 2014
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 2014