PRINT PAGERossana Arteaga-GomezPartner
Rossana Arteaga-Gomez joined the firm's criminal division in 2014, after four years with the Miami-Dade Public Defender's Office, and became a partner in 2017.
During her time at the Miami-Dade Public Defender’s Office, Rossana Arteaga-Gomez tried numerous cases, ranging from first degree murder, burglary, and insurance fraud to driving under the influence. Ms. Arteaga-Gomez also successfully argued a Stand Your Ground Motion obtaining dismissal of a criminal case prior to trial. Additionally, Ms. Arteaga-Gomez has successfully argued motions to suppress, for severance, in limine, and for judgment of acquittal and defended clients in pre-trial detention and alleged probation violation hearings. Prior to joining the Miami-Dade Public Defender’s Office, Ms. Arteaga-Gomez practiced law in the field of labor and employment at a large law firm where she represented clients in matters involving claims of sexual harassment, discrimination, retaliation, and minimum wage and overtime violations.
Ms. Arteaga-Gomez served as a Law Clerk to U.S. District Judge Marcia G. Cooke and U.S. Magistrate Judge Edwin G. Torres. She also taught legal research and writing for three years at the University of Miami School of Law.
Awards and Recognition
- "Rising Stars," Florida Super Lawyers, 2018
- "Florida Legal Elite Up and Comer," Florida Trend, 2018
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers, 2018
- William M. Hoeveler Fellow, Center for Ethics & Public Service
- Fellow, Florida Bar Foundation
- Dean's Certificate of Achievement in Advanced Constitutional Law
- Board of Directors, The Friendship Circle of Miami, 2019
- Florida, 2005
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 2006
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (Board Member, Young Lawyers Bench and Bar)