PRINT PAGEJeanelle GomezAssociate
Jeanelle Gomez officially joined BSKS in 2020 after working as a law clerk for the firm during the previous summer. She handles complex civil and criminal disputes and attends to all stages of litigation. Specifically, Jeanelle's practice includes preparing motions and depositions, and immersing herself deep in discovery—often reviewing hundreds of thousands of documents, deriving the key facts to facilitate a victory for clients.
Her passion for the field is evident in her work. She is knowledgeable and patient, with the ability to successfully engage clients and help them better understand the complexities of their case. No matter the undertaking, Jeanelle exudes confidence and responds consistently with innovative solutions to succeed at the challenge at hand.
Jeanelle began her legal career serving as a judicial intern to the Honorable Adalberto Jordan in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit. While in law school, she clerked for a prominent, boutique family law firm handling complex marital disputes in high profile lawsuits. Afterward, she joined Black, Srebnick as a law clerk during the summer of 2019 handling both civil and criminal disputes. Throughout these combined experiences, Jeanelle has drafted a judicial opinion, assisted with drafting a U.S. Supreme Court CERT petition, and handled numerous aspects of litigation and discovery disputes from start to finish. Simultaneously, she worked as a Dean's Fellow at the University of Miami School of Law, teaching Contracts course materials and hypotheticals to first year and LLM international law students.
Law School Awards and Recognition
- Staff Editor, University of Miami School of Law Inter-American Law Review
- Inter-School Vice President Executive Position, Charles C. Papy Jr., Moot Court Board, Society of Bar & Gavel
- Best Advocate, Finalist, John T. Gaubatz Moot Court Competition
- Best Brief, Semi-Finalist, Seigenthal-Sutherland Cup First Amendment Moot Court Competition
- Dean’s Merit Scholarship recipient (full academic scholarship), Dean’s List
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award (Book Award): Sports Law
- Mother’s Against Bullies’ Annual Anti-Bullying Event January 2015; October 2016
- Calusa Elementary Annual St. Baldrick’s Event May 2014; 2016
- Special Olympics Track and Field Event February 2015; 2016
- Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Event October 2015
- Spanish (Intermediate Fluency)