PRINT PAGEAlyssa SilvaggiAssociate
Alyssa Silvaggi joined the firm’s criminal division in 2017 after two and a half years with the Broward County Public Defender’s Office.
During her time at the Broward County Public Defender’s Office, Alyssa Silvaggi tried numerous cases, ranging from capital sexual battery, armed burglary and manslaughter to possession of cannabis. Ms. Silvaggi also successfully argued many pretrial motions that resulted in dismissal of serious felony cases, including a Stand Your Ground motion, which resulted in dismissal of an aggravated battery. During a bond hearing, Ms. Silvaggi convinced a circuit court judge that a Florida statute mandating pretrial detention was unconstitutional and her client was able to remain out of custody.
Prior to joining the Broward County Public Defender’s Office, Ms. Silvaggi volunteered as a research assistant for Innocence Canada and interned at the Miami-Dade Public Defender’s Office.
Awards and Recognition
- “Double Hat Trick Award” for six consecutive not guilty verdicts, Broward Association of Criminal Lawyers (BACDL), 2016
- Book Award, Trial Practice, 2013
- Book Award, Death Penalty in the U.S., 2013
- Florida, 2014
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 2018
- Broward Association of Criminal Lawyers (BACDL)