Zaharah R. Markoe focuses primarily on high-profile, cutting-edge commercial litigation, arbitrations, appellate litigation, and government enforcement defense. She has over two decades of experience in criminal and civil litigation, and in both state and federal courts. Zaharah is driven by overcoming complex case challenges and her ability to learn facts and new industries quickly allows her to come up with creative solutions for her clients.
Prior to joining Black Srebnick, Zaharah was an attorney at litigation firm where she represented the defendant in a multi-billion dollar lawsuit that alleged the inventor of the digital currency Bitcoin—and the blockchain itself— had stolen bitcoin and intellectual property from an alleged partner. She also represented a well-known educational testing service in various arbitrations throughout the country.
Zaharah also served as counsel at a prominent Miami bankruptcy boutique where she focused on bankruptcy litigation. Prior to that, Zaharah was counsel with an international AmLaw200 law firm where she focused on government enforcement defense, class-action defense, internal investigations, and complex commercial litigation often involving financial institutions. Before entering private practice, Zaharah served as an Assistant District Attorney in Bronx County, New York, where she was assigned to the Appeals Bureau, handling all post-conviction relief matters in state appellate courts and the United States District Court.
- Florida, 2001
- New York, 2001
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 2013
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida, 2022
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, 2001
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York, 2006
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit, 2003
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2018
Awards & Recognition
- Lawdragon 500 Leading Lawyers in America, 2023
- Recognized by Corporate LiveWire Innovation & Excellence Awards as Commercial Litigation Adviser of the Year, 2021>
- Lawyer Monthly Legal Awards, USA Commercial Litigation Lawyer of the Year, 2020-2021
- Hebrew (conversational)