PRINT PAGEJared LopezCo-Managing Partner
A proven, front-line litigator with a well-known reputation for successfully handling complex commercial litigation, Jared directs the firm’s Civil Litigation division. Jared’s practice focuses on civil litigation in the general commercial, corporate, sports and entertainment fields, including complex multi-million dollar cases. His clients range from large multi-national corporations and small businesses, to high net worth individuals, athletes and entertainers. Jared is also Co-Managing Partner of the Firm.
Jared’s prior experience as a federal prosecutor with the U.S. Department of Justice provided him with the requisite skills to try high-stakes jury trials to verdict and on appeal. Time and again, Jared continues to prove that he delivers the requisite aptitude for productive and results-driven negotiation in order to reach a favorable compromise when his client needs it most, as well as the tenacity, talent and communication abilities to go all the way through trial and on appeal in support of his clients’ interests.
Appreciated for his meticulous case analysis and preparation, Jared delivers a fact-driven and straight-forward approach to advocacy, composure under pressure, and a steadfast focus on his client’s goals. A veteran of several large, multi-party commercial cases, Jared has extensive experience managing the various participants involved in complex litigation, including accountants, agents, general counsel and PR firms, to formulate a strategy that advances his clients’ interests, safeguards their reputation, and promotes critical arguments and talking points in support of their position.
In addition, Jared offers significant experience in the negotiation and resolution of disputes prior to litigation. He is well-versed in the relevant business considerations involved for clients when contemplating litigation as a viable path to resolution and understands the needs of both individual clients and in-house general counsel during the decision making process. Jared is valued by clients and colleagues alike for his tangible dispute resolution skill, well-rounded knowledge of the law, and dedication to a complete understanding of his case. As a result, he consistently formulates veritable strategies and far more effective arguments that better leverage his client’s potential for the best possible outcome.
With more than two decades of civil litigation and criminal defense practice, Jared has been consistently recognized among the “best of the best” litigators of today in the South Florida Legal Guide, Attorney at Law Magazine, Florida Trend and Florida Super Lawyers.
- Alexsej Gubarev et al. v. Buzzfeed Inc.: Part of the litigation team which successfully defended Buzzfeed from multi-million dollar Defamation claims related to publication of the “Trump Dosser.”
- Binion v. Bieber et al.: represented pop-star Justin Bieber from civil claims for battery and negligence.
- Carnival Cruise Lines, Ltd. v. Rolls-Royce plc, et al.: defended Rolls-Royce in a $300 Million civil fraud and beach of contract case.
- Trump Entertainment LLC v. Power Plant Entertainment: worked as part of the litigation team defending the developer of the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Hollywood, FL, from allegations of civil fraud and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd. v. Rolls-Royce plc, et al: defended Rolls-Royce in an alleged $900 million civil fraud and contract case.
Jared began his career as an attorney for the United States Customs Service in Washington, DC. He later served 5 years as a federal prosecutor in the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Puerto Rico, where he was responsible for prosecuting cases involving federal crimes such as money laundering, business crimes, narcotics offenses and asset forfeiture.
Awards and Recognition
- "Top Lawyers," South Florida Legal Guide, 2013-2019
- Top Attorneys, Attorney at Law Magazine, 2018
- "Florida Legal Elite," Florida Trend, 2011-2012, 2015, 2018-2019
- "Rising Stars," Florida Super Lawyers, 2009, 2011
- "40 Under 40 Outstanding Lawyers of Miami-Dade County,” Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, 2011
- Florida, 1997
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2016
- U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit, 2001
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit, 2011
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 2005